Chelsea Lynn decided to join us 10 days early! She was born on Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 5:06 AM. She weighed 7lbs, 6.6oz, and was 19 1/4 inches long. She's perfect in every way! We are so in love with this baby girl. She was born with a ton of curly brown hair! Here are some pictures from her first days.




Labor progressed very fast. I had a appointment Wednesday with my OB, and at that time I was already 3 cm dialated. She stripped my membranes, which is a way to make things progress a little faster, though we expected that we would still have a few days. At around 10:30 or 11:00 PM, I had two big contractions, about 5 minutes apart, followed by my water breaking. On the way to the hospital the contractions became more frequent and much more painful. When we got to the hospital, I was 5-6 cm. About an hour or so later I was almost fully dialated, and was about to get the epidural. Once I was comfortable, they allowed me to sleep for several hours. When I woke up, I pushed for just over 30 minutes and then Chelsea was born. She was so curious about her surroundings right away, and opened her eyes wide. I did have to have an episiotomy, so I am on the mend.
Chelsea is healthy other than having a little bit of jaundice and difficulty breastfeeding. Because of the jaundice, she is very sleepy almost all the time. She was born posterior, so she has had a little bit of mucus in her throat, but that has gotten better. We are working with a lactation nurse to help her learn how to open her mouth wider to allow her to nurse better. She lost quite a bit of weight while we were in the hospital, but she was weighed today and she has gained some of it back. Tomorrow we have her one week appointment with the pediatrician.




Labor progressed very fast. I had a appointment Wednesday with my OB, and at that time I was already 3 cm dialated. She stripped my membranes, which is a way to make things progress a little faster, though we expected that we would still have a few days. At around 10:30 or 11:00 PM, I had two big contractions, about 5 minutes apart, followed by my water breaking. On the way to the hospital the contractions became more frequent and much more painful. When we got to the hospital, I was 5-6 cm. About an hour or so later I was almost fully dialated, and was about to get the epidural. Once I was comfortable, they allowed me to sleep for several hours. When I woke up, I pushed for just over 30 minutes and then Chelsea was born. She was so curious about her surroundings right away, and opened her eyes wide. I did have to have an episiotomy, so I am on the mend.
Chelsea is healthy other than having a little bit of jaundice and difficulty breastfeeding. Because of the jaundice, she is very sleepy almost all the time. She was born posterior, so she has had a little bit of mucus in her throat, but that has gotten better. We are working with a lactation nurse to help her learn how to open her mouth wider to allow her to nurse better. She lost quite a bit of weight while we were in the hospital, but she was weighed today and she has gained some of it back. Tomorrow we have her one week appointment with the pediatrician.
4 comments:
Oh wow! Congratulations Lisa! She is adorable and you two look so happy! I'm so glad you finally get to hold your little girl!
Yey, she's so cute, I can't wait to meet her!! Hope you're able to get a little bit of sleep!
She's beautiful, Lisa! Congratulations again to both you and Stephen!
She is so beautiful! Congrats to you both!
Post a Comment